|Writing Expectation||Checklist||Next Step|
|Student is able to develop and organize content
| Student is able to use a variety of stylistic elements appropriate for purpose and audience.
|Student is able to demonstrate knowledge of language conventions to correct errors, refine expression, and present their work effectively.||
|Reading Expectation||Checklist||Next Step|
|Understanding Literary Texts: demonstrate an understanding||
Click on the link below to view the Infographic on The Benefits of Gaming:
Answer the following questions:
Eight Key Concepts
Key Concept Chart
Media Conventions and Techniques
1.Read through the following PPT:
2. Read the following article on sound and complete the handout:
Political Advertising Analysis
Examine one commercial, in each link below.
Identify the approach (issue, personality, or attack) and the persuasive techniques used in each commercial:
Scanning is very high-speed reading that you do when you are looking for a specific piece of information. When you scan, you have a question in mind. You do not read every word, only key words that will answer your question. Practice in scanning will help you learn to skip over unimportant words so that you can read faster.
Scan the following infographic on On-Line Bullying and answer the questions below:
- What group is the most likely to experience on-line bullying?
- Who are more likely to bully on-line?
- What are the most effective ways to intervene?
- What are the highest rated intervention strategies?
- What would make youth more likely to intervene?
- What worries prevent youth from intervening?
- What are the best intervention strategies?
Now, organize your answers into a information paragraph and post on your blog.